Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Well, I'm nearing the departure time for the Brazil trip. We leave Columbus Friday morning. Right now, our group is frantically emailing back and forth regarding our luggage and what we are to bring. I've been quite impressed with the organization being done prior to leaving. I have a lot of people asking if I'm really excited. I have to say that I'm more nervous than excited right now. Once I get on that airplane and finally take a deep breath, I think I'll be fine. I'm stressed about the packing, the flight, the possibility of disease~thank you health department for your very aggressive "pro-vaccine" tactics.....but most of all, I'm stressed about leaving the kids and Eric. This will be the longest I've ever left them. Eric will assume all responsibilities: cooking, cleaning, feeding the kids, laundry, and getting each kid to their ballgame. Oh yeah, I'll have to remember to write a note with instructions to feed the dogs. Last year, when Ally and I went to Georgia, after 3 days, Eric realized he had forgotten to feed Gracie and Boo. He only came to this conclusion after seeing the dogs repeatedly swipe food off the table.................geesh!!!!!!
I'll have two flights to brush up on my Portuguese. We were taught a few words and phrases for the kids. We were told that even if we butcher the pronunciation, the kids appreciate the attempt. I am excited to hang with the kids. I'm sure I will feel like taking them home with me. However, I hear customs frowns on bringing children out/in without proper papers. Damn!!
I will blog about all that we encounter when I get back ~ after I love on my kids for several days!!!!!!!!!

No comments: