Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Some of my photos are a little "askew", due to me trying to be sneaky in taking them. I felt funny snapping off a lot of pictures of the Brazilian people and their area. I didn't want them to think I thought of them as a freak show. I completely felt like a "tourist".




This is Scott and Becky's dog, "Damas", which means checkers in Portuguese. Their other dog is "Bradocki" which means bad dog. Scott joked that they have two dogs, BadDog and Dumbass. Damas is part dalmatian and part greyhound or something like it. He is one fast canine!!!

This was an attempt to capture the cyclist. We saw many "families" on the bicycles. Dad pedals, mom on the back holding the baby..........Becky said she's seen families of 5 on them. Their primary means of transportation is bikes, motorcycles, scooters and if you are "rich", an automobile.
These guys look just like our own "Spanky". They were extremely fast. The top gecko was about 5-6". The bottom gecko was only about 2".

No comments: