Monday, June 16, 2008

BACK FROM BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So, I returned home Sunday morning from the mission trip. We arrived in Miami Saturday evening and stayed there that night. I learned of the flooding in Iowa, and immediately started calling home. The only contact we had with our families was the day we got there and again a week later! Being cut off from home was probably the hardest part. I am very happy to report all is well with my family. Unfortunately, thousands of others cannot say the same. Many prayers go out to those affected by the flooding!!

So, here are only some of the pictures I have to share right now. I will be posting all of them on a different website. I will post the link as soon as I have everything set up. I will also be getting pictures from others on the mission team that I can post later.
This is the childrens home at the orphanage. It is the first of 5?? This is where we stayed, since there were no children there, yet. The house parents move in within the next week or so. They hope to have kids within the month. The vehicles were Komvis. Bought new, but you can only get them in Mexico/South America due to safety reasons.......should have been a huge red flag, but had no other way of getting around. I can safely say, riding in these was the most dangerous and scariest part of the trip!!
This is the team at the local cyber cafe the evening we got in.
Our first spider sighting. We thought this spider was huge, but we hadn't seen NOTHING yet!!
Again, we were very interested in this molted tarantula skin. One of our team members brought her 8 year old daughter, Sidney. She was "critter girl". She was always exploring for bugs and lizards. No fear, this one. She found this little guy.

No comments: