Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a great day.

Do I think Barack Obama is going to make a difference and be a great president? Yes I do. Do I think he alone will be able to take credit? No, I do not. I realize he has "rock star" status and to a certain degree I think it's justified. He is our nation's first African American president. That is huge. That is wonderful and so very exciting! I think almost as much as a hero to African Americans, he is a hero to a new generation of people who have never had an interest in what's going on in the country. However, what I think is also happening is that he is exciting people to the degree that WE will be the ones to change this country. We may have more pride, a larger sense of responsibility and a heightened willingness to sacrifice for our country and planet. I don't necessarily have a lot of confidence in politics. I think it's a very broken system. I don't see it changing a whole lot, either. Any changes that can be made in the next four years will be a feat of monumental proportions. I will pray for Obama's safety and that he will, indeed, live up to even a fraction of the hype. Godspeed, Mr. President.



* Through my tears (yes, I AM hormonal....so?) I had to laugh waiting to see people wipe out while gingerly walking across the Washington Memorial reflecting pool. Can I not take anything seriously?!

No comments: