Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh...my....word. This past summer I read a book called "Chosen By A Horse" and commented that I was glad I read it before I got on the airplane because I bawled like a baby. I have just finished another tear-jerker. This book was about a woman who ends up starting a horse rescue. She just started out wanting to get a horse to ride, and now owns a 300+ acre sanctuary in Arkansas. In the book, she tells how they acquired some of their horses. One miniature horse was abused so badly, when they tried to touch him, he would shake uncontrollably and urinate on himself. WTF?! Then, a story about a draft horse that was beaten with a 2x4 in the head to the point he was knocked unconscious and dealt with seizures after. I was so heartbroken reading these stories, but the silver lining was that they were all taught to trust again and shown a great amount of love from the writer and her husband. If you would like to see beauty like you have never seen before, visit www.horsesofproudspirit.com - Click on Our Horses and there is a short video of their horses running, grazing and playing on their property. They are kept as a herd with no stalls and are left to just be horses. I know I am partial to horses, however, I feel anyone would enjoy this book.




No comments: