Monday, January 26, 2009

Did you ever just have one of those mornings............


*Old picture - now snow, but I wanted a visual


I woke up this morning, going through the morning routine....Max is looking past me out the front door with a very concerned look on his face. He's stammering, trying to speak. He gets out, "George in Mickey's yard". I look and both horses are in our neighbor's yard on the other side of our house from the barn. I tell Max to get Daddy and I suit up and head out. No lead ropes or anything, but I DO have treats in my pocket!! :) I get to George and start giving him treats. Now if you get one of the horses, the other follows. I grab George, cuz, well Minnie's a bitch and I don't like to deal with her unless I have to. I didn't even know where they got out, so I didn't know where to get them back in. I see soon after that, that the electric rope is down and we can just walk right over it. We do, and all was well. I get George up to the barn and Minnie is following, but slowly. Once I get the hay out and she sees it, she'll come. Of course, she doesn't remember where to get back in the fence, so she heads towards the road - ARGH! Now, I have to open the gate at the top of the pasture to let her in, meanwhile, keeping George from bolting out to be with her. What a hot mess we all were. Finally, after a lot of running and arm waving, both horses are in the gate. WHEW! So, how was your morning??????

5 comments:

Meleah said...

Don't you wish you got a hamster now?

kim said...

Oh Monica~
What a morning?! Yikes.

Are you amidst that ice storm?? How are you doing?

Schreiber family said...

We got ice and snow, but are dug out for now. I think not too long ago I complained that it was winter and we had yet to get any snow...my bad. Actually, the snow isn't so bad - better than 21 inches of rain!! :)

tfdchief said...

Just spent 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour trying to put this in Harmony Stables, Milleria, or Gallery. Made two posts up and published them but have no idea on where they went.

This picture looks like a 25 yr. old girl in a child's body.

DSCF5188.JPG

annieg said...

Oh my gosh! I love that picture! Gorgeous!