Friday, January 25, 2008

A while back, I posted about my effort to use "reuseable" bags for grocery/store shopping. Well, most of the time, I forget. I know. It's bad. I completely forget I have these bags in the back of the van. So, today, I vowed to myself that I would remember to take them with me.............I did! Yay! I took a big bag into Target, and the check-out lady was very intrigued, and asked me many questions. I was feeling very proud of myself. I then take two more big bags and bought another smaller bag in the grocery store.
Am I really the first person to bring in my own bags to this particular grocery store? No. I'm sure not. In fact, I saw someone else with a reusable bag walking in as I was walking out. However, the check-out personnel acted like they had no idea what to do with these bags. One guy only filled it half-way. The cashier yelled for another gal to bring it back and fill it some more. Oh yeah, and take the grapes out. They all yelled/communicated with each other the entire time I was there regarding my bags. This was a huge inconvenience, I guess. I ignored them and concentrated on the kids and tried not to feel embarrassed. After all, this is a good thing. I am helping the environment, right? So when I finally grab the cart and start to head out, I still have about 6 plastic bags in my reuseables. WHAT?! Ok, you have to wrap the meat. I get it. They wrapped one package of meat into three different plastic bags!!! #$&*^@ idiots!!!!!!!! I am trying NOT to use plastic bags, so they put one package of meat into one bag.............x3?? WTF?! I'm sorry, but it's really not that hard. I helped guide them before things got all testy. I told them that I didn't care that the bread was on top of the apples. So, I guess from now on, I'll have to take in my used plastic bags so that I don't end up with 25 more. Is it really so hard? I made the effort to actually remember the bags, and end up with more plastic bags. I realize it's still about half of what I would have if I had NO reuseables, but still..........................ugh.

No comments: