Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What a great weekend here! It was warm and sunny. Ally had been begging to take Minnie out for a ride. And, in true Ally fashion, wanted to ride her "by myself". Wrights got us a new bit, so it took awhile to get it adjusted. Minnie was so patient. She took the bit, spit it out, took it again........ finally we were ready to go.

Eric got a new camera, and took this opportunity to catch some great shots. I wish I could post them all.
I have to explain the yellow wiffle bat. In order to keep the horses from accidentally stampeding us to death while feeding them grain, we were advised to get a bat to smack our boot, the wall, or just wave around in order to let the horses know who's boss. I was very resistant to this idea at first, but warmed to it once I realized I didn't even have to touch the horses with it, to get them to behave. Al had trouble getting Minnie to move, cuz her little legs couldn't give Minnie enough of a punch to let her know to go! So, Al tapped mama on the butt to let her know it was go time.
This is Georgie. We had to tie him up while we worked with mama. Have I mentioned that he is a mama's boy???? :) Although, neither of the horses like carrots or apples,(WHUTT?!) they DO like alfalfa treats.

2 comments:

natther said...

Monica, these pictures are terrific! Not only does look adorable, she looks like a pro!!!

Send all the photos you have.

Your weekend at the water park looked like such fun. I'll bet the kids had a ball.

Meleah said...

Al is glowing in that close-up picture of her!