Saturday, February 28, 2009

I mentioned that we decorated pillow cases during Allys sleep-over. There was an extra, so Jay got to work.


And this is on a pillowcase!



I have been told again and again how talented my kids' artwork is. The art teacher has submitted Max's name for talented and gifted identification through the school. I know it sounds like bragging, but it's more like......where the hell did this come from? My mom is an artist, so maybe it skips a generation?? AND, it's not just one of them. All of them are very talented. They didn't inherit any genes for clean and tidy, but they got the art thing covered.
*Oh, and by the way, Jay didn't get out a book or picture to copy from. This is original and from his head - which is basically all Star Wars all the time, but still.

3 comments:

natther said...

You tell Jay that is one incredible pillowcase! I can't believe the talent that kid - and Max and Al - have when it comes to visualizing and implementing their artwork. That kinds of creativity will show up in all of their endeavors.

natther said...

As much as I LOVE Jay's pillowcase, when will you post a picture of Holly?

kim said...

WOW!!
Truly talented, Mon. And I don't think it skips a generation - you have always had an artistic eye. Did you SEE your birthday sleep-over cupcakes??!!
I was going to show Bailey pictures of them - but now I am waiting for her birthday to be over. I don't want "expectations" a la Aunt Monica! ;)