Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Guess who is in the running for the "Mother of the Year" award? Britney? No, she won last year. I might just get it! You see, some mommy blunders are just that. Blunders. Little. Mostly forgettable and insignificant. You forgot to send lunch money? No biggie, they won't starve to death. Forgot to buy diapers? Hey, that's why they make towels so absorbent!

Ok, I'll stop blabbing and confess................

Last Sunday we had a practice shoot for the mounted shooting. We go to an indoor arena not too far from here. Eric and I drove separately, since I had to get Jay to and from a birthday party. At about 3:30, I went to leave and asked Max if he wanted to go with me or wait to go with Eric, who would be leaving in about 20-30 minutes. He chose to go with dad. He was having a blast with the boy who lives on the farm. They were observing the longhorns, playing catch with the football and playing with the pigs. Since Max was throwing the ball around in the area immediately outside the building, I (stupidly) assumed he would be there when Eric came out to load Cody into the trailer. I was slightly..wrong. He and his friend took off to watch the pigs. As I am sitting at home, I get a phone call and it was Max. He said, "Will someone come get me?" Umm, ok, but I'm confused...where the hell is he? He was still at the arena. Eric didn't know he was supposed to bring Max home and Max wasn't outside the arena when Eric left, sooooo........his ass was abandoned! I assured Max that the family was very nice and would take good care of him.........just kidding. I picked him up - laughing all the way there and all the way home. Max was un-scarred. Maybe he didn't find it as hilarious as I did, but I think he'll be ok. He will, I'm sure, have so many other things to talk about in therapy.


2 comments:

natther said...

Oh, I think abandonment issues are huge in therapy! Somehow I'm certain Max will be just fine.

annieg said...

That's so funny! Um yeah, Max will be just fine. See, I too think it is so funny and was laughing as reading. Hmmmm, Max and Hannah could have the same therapist one day :)