Sunday, February 22, 2009

The girls all dressed up and sang some song that has the lyrics "Don't make me snap my fingers in the Z formation....." Really?!?!

What was supposed to be a "let's all lay down and get settled" - type of activity, somehow didn't go quite that way.



Ahhhhhh.....
quiet at last.
I've learned many new things this weekend. The most profound of which, is the fact that I SUCK at being a "girl mom". Bring on the snakes, lizards, dirt and boy stink, but please don't make me do another sleep-over!!! I thought this might be fun. I remember having fun at sleep-overs!
Reasons this won't be a regular occurrence at the Schreiber house:
1. Ally actually prefers to play by herself or with Jay, since they have worked out a very scientific formula regarding time spent playing Star Wars action figures and horses.
2. There has not yet been anything invented to prevent the transfer of Cheetos-orange onto porous surfaces.
3. Apparently, we do not possess an adequate supply of high-heeled, sparkly and gaudy shoes. This is a big no-no in the world of 7 year old dress-up.
4. It is ethically wrong to drug children for the sole purpose of getting them to shut up.
5. I loathe girl drama!! I can't take the bickering, gossiping and crying. I assume it only gets worse, the older they get and I just don't think I should be the one in charge of this.
All in all, it went well. I think the girls had fun and some very valuable lessons were learned. Now, I get to clean up the mess and God-willing, I will be in bed by 7:30 (you think I'm kidding)




3 comments:

tfdchief said...

Hmmmm, seems like I've been told Viv is a girl also. So what do we do for an encore? Maybe they were unaware what a "sleepover" was. That might have gone out with "kick the can". Hang in there tough!

Meleah said...

That girl is always in motion!

I hate girl drama too. I'll never forget how mean girls were in junior high/high school. Ever. But at 7?! Seriously?! I was hoping it wouldn't start that early. I could see Al not taking crap from anybody though.
I hope you've recovered. You are a brave brave woman.

kim said...

Bailey knows that song too!? I had the same reaction you did.....

Oy - the DRAMA. I agree with you on all fronts. I can handle the boy thing - but there is just so much about the girl thing that doesn't appeal to me at all. I think I remember it all too well - girls can be SO mean. Bailey would rather be on her own, hang with Payton or play with the boys at school, too. Fine with me - they are nicer. :)

Great job!! You did it - she loved it - and you survived!! No small thing! Now you deserve a restful week - kick back and relax. You've earned every minute of it! ;)