Thursday, August 28, 2008

WE FOUND SPANKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have lost Spanky about half a dozen times since we've had him. Each time he's been lost, he's gone longer. The last time we lost him, I found him about 3 or 4 days later. That was August 2. Then, while the cousins were here, of course, Max and Jay wanted to show them. My BIL calls while Ang and I were out and says Spanky is no longer in his cage. I didn't worry, because it's not the first time, right? Well, we tear the house apart for days looking for him. I put out a bowl of food and water. He just didn't show himself. We had to leave for vacation and Spanky was still MIA. I put out more water and hoped and prayed for the best.
The other night, while I was cleaning up dinner, I turn around to see Spanky hanging out in front of the dishwasher. Eric thinks he was hiding in the tiny space between the dishwasher and the cupboards. Before he went missing, he had a nice, fat tail. Why is this relevant? That's where geckos store extra food/fat. When we found him, his tail was pretty skinny. He seemed weak, once we got him back into his cage. Although, we have him back, I'm afraid he got in to something, or is sick. He won't eat and just doesn't seem like himself. If he doesn't do better today, I'll have to shlep him to the "exotic pet vet" we used for the Chris-the-newt fiasco of '06. In the meantime, we feed him chicken baby food via dropper and attempt to hand-feed (tweezer-feed) him crickets. Keep our albino leopard gecko in your thoughts and prayers! Hell yes, I'm serious!!! :)

1 comment:

kim said...

Seriously Mon ~ I thing we are so much alike in many ways - then you have a reptile post!!
You really are the best boy mom in existence.
Glad Spanky is safe and sound - I bet the kids are happy ;)