Thursday, August 28, 2008

My brother, Nick, who I haven't seen since Christmas had just as much fun at the beach as my boys! Here Nick and Jay? are boogie boarding. (You'd think Nick would be sick of water, after being IN the Cedar Rapids flooding ~ yes, yes, I know. It's a completely different kind of water :)
This child could sit by herself all day long and play. Yep, that's what she's doing right here.
I just thought this was a great picture.
Another great picture. Jay looks like he's out there all alone. he wasn't, and he's not out that far. There was a huge sandbar that appeared and disappeared with the tides. At one point, my brother, SIL, BIL, and other brother had Max and Jay out at the end of the sandbar. I was playing with the girls and relaxing. I decided I wanted some pictures of them, so I grabbed the camera and headed out. I realized once I started walking that the tide had come in and the sandbar was disappearing. I started yelling at them. Of course, they couldn't hear me, but when they finally noticed me, they thought I was yelling for them to get out cuz there was a shark!! I was scared, cuz I wasn't sure they could get the boys back in knee deep, wave water. It's tiring pushing through those waves! So, I'm afraid I might have over-reacted, especially after Chris told me he thought there was a shark sighting....oops :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lady with the dog we spoke to on the pier late one night said they had seen a shark, I'm sure.

Schreiber family said...

Hey, thanks for keeping that information to yourself! Seriously! I found Ally watching Jaws two days before we left for vacation! Mia and I told her the water was too cold for sharks in this area. WHew! That could have been icky if she heard that. :)