Thursday, July 16, 2009

So, after a fabulous week with my sister and her family, we had to end the week on a baaaaad note. Pictures of my adorable nieces will come, but first.....

We done got robbed.


We headed out to Ally's t-ball game around 5:45 and sometime between then and 8:30, someone came into my house and took the 42" flat screen tv. I came home with a screaming hungry baby and rushed to sit and feed her. I look up and my stomach dropped. Shit. Now, what bothered me the most was that someone came into my house!!! I was so mad, I could only cry. Really, the tv was not that big of a deal (at the time) :) It was upsetting for so many other reasons. I wish I could come up with a word that describes the feeling, but violated is the only one. It sounds so cliche, but it fits. On top of the feelings of violation, we now had three kids who were scared to death. We all slept in our room last night and I am praying there aren't long-standing fears for them. Eric and I didn't discuss this in front of them, but we wondered if this was a random thing. Usually we have at least one extra vehicle in the driveway, but the van was getting serviced, which meant the truck was being used. They saw this and knew someone wasn't home? OR, were they watching me and knew my routine? Had they been watching me???? There's that word, violate, again!!! OR, could this have been carried out by an acquaintance, or an acquaintance of an acquaintance? Someone who "heard" we had a tv worth something? At the end of the day, we were lucky. No one was hurt and it was only the tv. They could have cleaned us out of the computer, camera, wii, etc.

As we were sitting in the living room last night going over the events of the evening, an interesting conversation erupted. It went like this....
Jay: I'm so mad at the robbers, I want to cuss at them. Can I cuss at them?
Me: Well, I'm not sure that would really make you feel better.....
Ally: (Without waiting to verify if my response was actually a yes or no) .... Those m***** f******!!!!
Well, wouldn't you know, it DID make us feel better!! We/I laughed so hard tears came from my eyes. I know, I know. Very wrong. With my potty mouth, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, but I feel the situation called for it.



And if the tv wasn't sad enough, the bastards stepped on Vivan's toy and dented it. I hope they also broke their ankle.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple does not fall from the tree!!!

kim said...

Oh Monica -
I don't even know what to say....
I totally agree with you - worse than your property being stolen, is knowing someone was IN YOUR HOME! I just can't believe that....How did they even know you were out there? I am so glad - even if it was random, that none of you were home. What happens when we leave our kids home (they are old enough) and the vehicles are gone? It's not like it was even dark outside...
I am stunned - but so, so grateful that no one was hurt. I can only imagine how you all feel.

Ally sums it up perfectly. ;0)

Schreiber family said...

I hadn't even thought about Max being here until a friend mentioned it. I only leave him if I'm gone a very short time and make him lock the door, but what if he forgot? THAT freaks me out, too. I have since heard that others have had their tv's stolen - probably same guys. ugh.