Saturday, April 4, 2009

THE COUNTDOWN TREE
At christmas, Mom gave us this tree and drawers. Inside, were little hanging ornaments. Starting about a month out from my due date, we were to start taking the ornaments out of the drawers and putting them on the tree...kind of like an advent calendar of sorts. This would help give the kids a visual of how much time until Vivi will get here. Neat idea, or what!!!! So, the kids have been decorating the "Vivi tree" for a couple weeks, now. I had them speed up the process a tad, thinking I was going to be having this baby before my due date.

*And on that note, went to the doctor last Monday and she said I was 3 cm and her prediction was that I'd have the baby this week. WOW!! I have never dilated this much this early with any of the other kids, so this was very encouraging. I thought for sure I could have an April Fool's baby, which would be absolutely fitting. As of Saturday, no baby. Ugh. I really wish she hadn't said anything. Next appointment is Monday, so we'll see what the next prediction will be that I will try so hard not to believe, but will stick in my mind like a bee to honey.


No comments: