Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's no secret I love, love, love fall. One of the many reasons, is all the great apple recipes.


One of my favorite apple desserts, is Taffy Apple Pizza. Because I'm a giver, I'll share it will you all :)

1 18oz pkg softened sugar cookie dough
1 8 oz pkg. softened cream cheese
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 med. apples, peeled,cored and sliced
1/4 c. caramel (sundae topping) * I use Mrs. Richardsons
1/2 c. chopped peanuts
cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into ball. Place in center of stone or cookie sheet and roll out. (It doesn't have to be perfect, I use my fingers to push it into corners) Bake according to package directions. Cool completely before putting toppings on. Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla in bowl. Spread over cookie. Arrange apples over mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon (optional). Drizzle caramel over apples. Sprinkle nuts on top.

I don't have a picture right now, but will soon. VERY yummy!!






This recipe I stole from Ree (confessionsofapioneerwoman.com -website definitely worth visiting. It's fabulous.) Ree stole it from The Naked Chef, but whatever the misdemeanor, it's awesome salad.

linguine or spaghetti - cooked el dente( I use the whole box, because I usually make a big batch)
red cabbage
scallions
bell pepper
cilantro
bean sprouts (wash!)
Napa cabbage
spinach
jalapeno (optional)
cashews (optional)

DRESSING:
8 T olive oil
8 T soy sauce
2-3 tsp sesame oil
1 lime, juiced
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 cloves garlic
3 T ginger
Mix all dressing ingredients together in a bowl, then add to veggies.
* Many of these ingredients can be varied. I don't use as much ginger, but may put in a little more garlic. The veggies are all according to taste, too. I use as much cilantro and onion as I can and less of the cabbages. Add more, add less, it's up to you and your tastes. You basically just mix it all up in one big bowl and grab a fork.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm....That taffy apple pizza sounds divine! I will make that with apples we get at the orchard this weekend. So excited!

So how's Alfalfa settling into his new digs? Is Jay doing okay?

And how's preggo Mama doin'?

Schreiber family said...

Yeah, we went to the orchard yesterday, so that I could make the pizza. Alfalfa seems to be doing ok, but it does remind me of that episode of Spongebob...where Spongebob gets a snail to replace Gary - his name was Larry and just wasn't the same. It will be ok, we'll grow to love him like Spanky.

Anonymous said...

You can talk Spongebob to me and I will always understand. :)

kim said...

Hey there!!
Thanx for the awesome recipes!! I can't wait to try the taffy apple pizza..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Fall is awesome.

Miss u!
k