Thursday, February 28, 2008

RickyBobby is in a better place.............................No, Eric did NOT shoot him. He has gone to a foster home that has been described as the "magic house" or the "dog whisperer home". This was a far cry from the stress and resentment he got here. The humane society came to get him on Monday. (which actually sounds more menacing than it was....it was one very sweet lady~not the whole society:) The kids knew RickyBobby was going to a new home this week, so they were prepared.....or so I thought. The four of us were ALL crying, but I got over it and the kids didn't. Specifically, the boys didn't. Max was still crying at bedtime. Jay was bawling harder than I think I've ever seen him-short of a bad injury. I really felt bad, but deep down, I knew it was for the best.

*Sidenote~~ A consumer report regarding invisible fences.... you get what you pay for. We went the "do-it-yourself" route, and I have never had the confidence that the damn thing has ever really worked right. Even when the equipment IS working properly, Boo and Gracie both run through it if there's something they want bad enough. I do not know if that means they are smart to figure out that 2 seconds of pain is worth the thrill of the chase, OR that they are really stupid to think that "thrill of the chase" is worth the pain of shock upon re-entry (which is a lengthier process as I'm carrying that dog across the wire). Anyhoo, I know it does work for some dogs, but you don't really know until you've got it already. I have heard that it can traumatize a dog and that it doesn't keep other vermin from entering YOUR yard. So, if I had to do it all over again, I would put up a fence-it's less area for the dogs to roam, but I wouldn't get so flippin mad at them each and every time they run through the invisible one. JUST AN FYI.........

No comments: