Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm a little late in the new years resolution to lose weight. After having the stomach flu in December, I actually lost weight over the holidays. Did it stay off? Not so much..... I especially noticed this past weekend when I wore a pair of khaki's that were quite uncomfortable, and I thought what?? How can this be? I refuse to believe my routine of eating whatever I want and not working out is to blame for this.

I researched some moves that would give me the most bang for my buck as as far as my "problem areas" are concerned. Turns out, an old Cindy Crawford workout with the lunges and squats really was one of the best. I truly enjoyed this video (yes, VHS). Of course, I no longer have it due to the basement flood of '06. I remember most of it, so I will continue to lunge with Cindy and Radu. I also brought out the "big ball" and will work my abs with it. I saw this on the Today show where Natalie Moralis tried it and it looked pretty effective.

The above will take care of the "sculpting" part, but I really don't love running, so the treadmill isn't calling me so much. Even when I get on it, I have no real motivation to push myself. In the past, when I actually went to the gym, I would stay on for at least 25 minutes because I didn't want the people around me to say, "Dang, lady, what's the point? 15 minutes? Pussy." However, I will get on that treadmill and like it, knowing in only a few short months, I'll be able to get out on the trail with my new rollerblades. Did you read that right? Yes. I said NEW rollerblades. I'm excited~soooooo excited. I would really like a pair of "off-road" blades like Cesar (the dog whisperer) wears. However, these are pretty pricey. I'll stick with the standard type, and still squeak with joy.


If any of y'all out there know of some great motivators or great work-outs you'd like to share....I'm up for (almost) anything!!!!

1 comment:

natther said...

You didn't ask if you could use my picture, but that's alright - it's a pretty good one. That must have been taken before I gained the 1/8" around my mid thigh.