Monday, February 4, 2008

We had a Super Bowl get-together last night in which I made Toscana Soup. (the soup from Olive Garden) It is sooo good. I thought I would share the recipe. I've been making lots of soups, lately~just plain good weather for it......cold, damp, cloudy...........ugh.

2 3/4 chicken stock or broth
1/4 heavy cream
1 medium russet potato
2 c. chopped kale
1/2 lb. spicy Italian sausage-it calls for links, but Eric prefers it with ground sausage and I have to agree
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1. Combine the stock and cream in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Slice the unpeeled potato into 1/4 inch slices, then quarter the slices and add them to the soup.
3. Add the kale
4. Grill or saute the sausage. When cooked and cooled, cut the sausage at an angle into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Add the sausage to the soup
5. Add the spices and let the soup simmer for about 1 hour. Stir occasionally


BTW...................Yay Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

kim said...

oooohhh! This soup is so yummy! We had it last year over the holidays, and I had forgotten about it until now!
I will have to make some....

Can you believe that game?? We just thought it would be cool to see a perfect season - but who can argue with Eli and the Underdogs?! Great game!
;)
:)