Sunday, March 27, 2011

I am lucky. I realize this. I absolutely love my kids' friends. Sure, there have been a few over the years that were super annoying, or just downright a bad influence. But, either these annoying kids have done some "growing up" and are a joy to be around, or my kids have decided to "unfriend" the ones who don't treat them (and their siblings) well. I watch, especially, the 10-12year old boys, play with Vivian and truly watch out for her. There is no embarrassment when Viv asks for a hug and kiss. It's reciprocated with enthusiasm. Many of these kids watch out for her better than her own siblings(which is saying a lot). I pray that these kids will be in our lives for a very long time. I also hope for lifelong friendships that overcome the test of time. I want to go to their weddings and watch their own families grow. It's the same dream I have for my own kids, which are mine biologically, but the last headcount I had for the ones I consider "my" kids was at ...let's see......3+ 5+ 2+ 2+,.....equals.....um....well, let's just say I have quite the brood. *Yes, I realize the inconsistency between my "I hate slumber parties" post, and this one. I love Al's friends individually- but in a group, they lose their minds. :)

No comments: