Monday, May 3, 2010

Do you want proof my son is growing out of control???



Here you go.

Max was fitted for baseball pants in February. The pants came in April. The kid grew at least an inch in that time. When he put his pants on before his first game, Eric and I both laughed. They are supposed to be the style of the pros with no elastic, just regular pants. His looked like capris!!! I took them to the place the team contracted with. Apparently, Max was not the only one to have this issue. I was told the 12u team had the same problem with a handful of boys. I don't think this particular style of baseball pants is a good idea for boys who like to GROW an inch in two months!! The next size up only adds a half an inch, if that, and the waist is 2 inches bigger. Not good for a boy who still wears slims.
My remedy? I cut up an old pair of pants (from last year) and sewed a piece to the bottom. It ain't pretty, but at least he doesn't look like he's waiting for the flood.......
*Thanks, Mom, for teaching me how to sew!!!

1 comment:

kim said...

That is fantastic ;) Great job, Mom!!!

Can you believe how fast they grow?? It's crazy - right around 12, it hits like a ton of bricks. I really swear you can feel the energy of it too. I sound like a quack.... but it's "there", ya know? Wow.

Max is going to be pretty tall! Has he passed you yet? That day is coming, if it hasn't already. Sooo weird when they look down at you with those baby blues & you have to wonder where on earth all that time went ~ *sniffle*
I need to go get a tissue now.....