Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's that time of year, again!! FOOTBALL!!



This year we have all three kids involved. Both boys playing JV and Ally is a cheerleader for their team. It all ended up working well, but for a time, I thought we'd have each on a separate team which meant a logistic nightmare for me.

Max was asked to play for the senior varsity team this year. He attended their week-long camp in late July. Although he was slated to be their starting receiver and enjoyed playing with them, he ended up choosing to play for the JV team with his buds and brother. I know , I know, Max is a good athlete, blah, blah, blah.......humor me?? The new kid to the senior team (moved from Mississippi) told the coach, "Coach, everything I throw, Schreiber catches!!" LOL! Now, unfortunately the decision-making process wreaked havoc on Max. After many nights with little sleep and even making himself physically ill, he made a decision. He felt either way he went, he was letting someone down. Poor kid. Eric and I tried to help him however we could, but ultimately, he had to just let it go. I don't know where he gets that anxious, uptight personality from......... Eric and I also let Max know that if he played for the JV team, there was a very good chance Coach would put him in the QB position. That was exactly what happened and although it is not the position Max wanted, he's doing well learning it. It will be an interesting season.

*Jay is doing great and having fun, despite wanting to quit the first week (like he does every year :)

**Al is enjoying cheering, but her tendency toward stage fright may pop up with the first game next Sunday. We'll see...:) She is absolutely adorable in her cheer uniform - can't wait to share pictures!!

No comments: