Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So, this is what's been going on.........


I have had paint swatches up on the walls for..oh...about 6 months, now. When shall we paint? How about a couple weeks before the baby's due??????

Having a hard time deciding, I had to buy 1/2 pint samples and put them on the wall. I'm glad I did, because I learned just how hideous the paint looked on the wall.
So, finally, I picked colors and said to Eric, "This is it. Final answer. Paint it." He did and told me he wasn't sold on the gray I picked. *huge sigh* Ok, honey, I'll go back to Lowe's and get more swatches!
I (think) we might have found the colors we will paint the living room and the front entry. I will purchase a gallon of our chosen color this weekend and if dear husband doesn't like it? Well, that's too effing bad!!!!!!!!!


In addition to painting, we are also making other changes.....
Because we are trying to reduce expenses, Eric gave me the option of either giving up TiVo for a DVR...OR...giving up some of my favorite channels-including abcfamily where my Gilmore Girls resides, Lifetime (Army Wives), TLC (Jon & Kate Plus Eight) and cartoon network where Jay loses Star Wars:Clone Wars. Although it was really hard, I chose TiVo over the channels. Those of you with TiVo understand my loyalty. Well, I just miss those channels so much!! I have decided to go ahead and give...(sob)....up...(sob)......my......Ti (sob)Vo........(sob, sob, sob). I'm heartbroken and can't believe I'm doing it, but the pain of having nothing to actually record ON my Tivo has become too much. I have to change the subject, now. (sniff, sniff)



Max has been practicing baseball since November - one night a week for an hour at the indoor batting cage. Since the weather has been getting increasingly nicer, we've moved outdoors and are starting the 2 - 3 nights a week, plus Saturdays.
Yes, it's that time of year. I mistakenly thought with Max being in travel ball this year, the schedule would remain somewhat the same as rec. ball. I was wrong. The Mid-Ohio Bullets have their first game April 11!!!! What?! They have a really, really busy May and June and may be done by July 9th. Wow. That doesn't exactly gel real well with having a baby in mid April, so I'm a little stressed.


So, this is the plan. I can go into labor anytime between the 6 through the 10th. I can't go into labor on the 11 or the 14. I should also hold out until after about 4:00 pm on the 15th, because that's when Mom gets into town. The 16th should be ok, but if I haven't gone by the morning of the 17th, I might as well wait until the night of the 17th, because the movie, "17Again" with Zac Efron comes out that day and Al and I really want to go to that one! That would make it ok to go into labor after about 8 or 9pm on the 17th (as long as I'm done by the next morning for Max's tournament). The tourney is the 18th and 19th, so then I'm open until the 25th. Should be easy enough, right?
My doctors keep bringing up being induced. I find that really odd. I don't want to be induced, because there's something really special about spontaneous labor. However, with the schedule we have, I may consider it! We'll see.












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Poor TiVo. Too bad they discontinued that life-time thing we have on ours. I have a non-TiVo DVR in the living room and me no like. I do understand your decision, but man's that's gonna be rough.

I like the gray.

Schreiber family said...

I know. I am truly heartbroken. So much so, apparently I forgot to proofread my entry. Wow, lots of mistakes. I will go fix them now- it's driving me nuts!!

kim said...

Yay baseball!
What position does Max like?

hugs to all!!
k