Monday, November 10, 2008

You leave them alone for a couple hours...................


AND YOU GET A NEW HORSE!!
Meet Cody, the newest addition to the family. He's an 11 year old quarter horse. He's beautiful, don't you think?

See, Eric and the kids went to one of the mounted shoots (I've mentioned it before). Now, I don't know how the whole thing went down, for sure, but I know Eric mentioned the last thing we needed right now was another horse. Not right before Christmas. Not when we/I am already concerned about hauling my fat, 8-9month pregnant ass out to the barn to feed. Not when we already have poorly behaved (Minnie) horses we haven't trained, yet. However, a deal was made and when I came home, I got to meet sweet Cody.


Eric said Minnie put up a good show. (one of my first questions was how Mama did when introduced to him) She's overprotective, and that's the nice way of putting it. She kicked around and chased him. George just stood there between the two dancing, cuz he didn't know what the hell he was doing. All in all, they are getting along pretty well. He loves apples, so I'm sure he will fit right in.



2 comments:

natther said...

Cody is definitely beautiful! Now only 3 steeds to go.

I don't think a family can have too many horses - well, maybe.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up with the quote at the page of the page. Thanks for the laugh!!!