Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whutt?!!!
Yesterday was a nice, quiet day of laundry, some laundry, and then more laundry. I get a call from our neighbor who's at work - I know this because her company came up on the caller ID. She says, "Kevin (her husband) just called me and said your horses are out and in the field by our house". I think my exact words were, "Holy shit!!!" I run to the barn to grab...stuff. George has a fly mask on, but Minnie has nothing because either she rubbed it off or George bit it off for her. I run to the field and there's Kevin and my mailman standing there with my horses. We put the halters and lead ropes on and Kevin and I walk them back to the barn. They were perfectly calm, kinda like, "What's the big deal....geesh" How did they get out? Hmmmm......George busted through the side door. Two separate hook enclosures didn't stop him. I don't know if he was bored, or something spooked him. I'm 100% sure George did it and Mama followed. Ugh. While I proceeded to nail a board across the door, George was right there, with his nose up to the hammer. I had to push him away a dozen times. No regard for safety, that horse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious George! Or maybe Destructive and Sneaky George is more appropriate.
Your kids are no problem...it's the animals that keep you on your toes!