Thursday, March 18, 2010

Viv said her first word!! One guess what it was.........



HORSEY!!!!! Max said he knew she had said it the day before when she was looking out her bedroom window. However, if it were up to the kid's opinion on the matter, she would have already said the words....Jay, Bon Jovi, wow, Lego, Dora...the list goes on. For me, she pointed to the window and as I took her to it, she then pointed to the barn and said "horsey". It really was unmistakable. The next day, she said "Uh-Oh" when she dropped/threw her drink on the floor. The words may be a little sporadic, but they are coming. Come ON, she can't be expected to walk AND talk at the same time! :)
Here are the newest members to the Schreiber homestead. The geese seem pretty comfortable here, but I can't imagine our place is the most serene place around.....


Milton and Myrtle.
You KNOW I name all creatures who make their home here. I named the opossum in the barn, Pedro. He ended up having a little friend whom I didn't get the chance to get to know and name. Why? Hm. Because before I got to spend any time with Pedro's friend, I found their two dead carcasses hanging suspended in a barren bush across the street from the barn. Thanks, ERIC!!!! After realizing they didn't fall down into the bottom of the bush, he went and removed them. Nice.

1 comment:

natther said...

I'll bet Ally was ecstatic that Viv's first word was 'horsey.' She's probably been sending subliminal messages in Viv's sleep.