Sunday, March 21, 2010

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!


The leprechauns struck again, turning the milk and toilet water green. They left gold and green coins laying around to find. They moved furniture around and played with Jay's green Legos. And look what they did to Ally's hair!
Nooooo.....she always wakes up looking like that.

There was a great feast of corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread and mint chocolate brownies. I could say that the leprechauns were the ones who ate brownies out of the middle, but it was, alas, my own little leprechauns.


This was a bitter-sweet St Patrick's Day for me. On the eve of the leprechaun fun, Max and I were discussing the holiday. He made a few comments leading me to believe he really ....didn't. I resisted a small temptation to confirm his suspicions.... for awhile. Finally, I really got the idea he wanted the truth. I thought about the times I had done this with my Mom for my little brother and had a lot of fun. So, I asked him if he wanted to help me play leprechaun. As we started putting food color in the milk, etc. I suddenly realized what just happened. What had I done?! I can't take it back. I can never take it back. It won't just be the leprechauns...Easter is coming up - no Easter bunny? Christmas?! There's no way he'll believe that I'm the leprechauns, but NOT Santa?! Here is where I lost it. I regretted confirming Max's inquiry. I cried for hours and woke up with a broken heart and swollen eyes. The next morning, Jay and Al had a blast looking for all the leprechaun mischief. Max, being the sweetheart he is, whispered to me, "It's ok, Mom, it was worth it. We are really good leprechauns". *sigh*

3 comments:

Meleah said...

Ha ha! I was thinking "Wow. Al must sleep soundly for a leprechaun to be able to do that to her hair." Then I read the caption. :)

Those mint brownies look divine. Made my mouth water.

natther said...

Oh, Monica, I know exactly what you are going through. I NEVER wanted to validate your kids suspicions and doubts, but I will have to admit, having you joining in on the fun probably taught you just how much fun it all is! I'm sure Max was delighted with his trickery. Besides, you have the cutest, naughtiest leprechauns!

Thanks for the photos - always needing to add more to my iPhoto.

natther said...

BTW… good look for Jay!