Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ally: Mom, can Viv have chocolate?
Me: Ummmm...why do you ask?



Took a trip to the local store the other night. The bags were on the floor while I had 30 seconds of "me"time. Translation? I had to pee. Anyway, the above conversation took place.
There was a Bun chocolate candy bar in the bag. I did not buy it and I know Al didn't sneak it in, because she said so and she doesn't like that kind of candy. Anyway the chocolate must have been left in a bag that the cashier then put our stuff on top of. Viv had gotten into the bag AND got the wrapper off in the 30 seconds, and I do mean 30 seconds, I was indisposed. Well, I went ahead and put her in the high chair and watched closely while she nearly devoured the entire thing. I wouldn't normally let her chow down on such a blatantly forbidden food like this, but she had really outdone herself getting it in the first place, so I let her indulge. I took it away before she got down to actually getting any of the small, hard chunks, but she had a great time until then. Of course, I had to throw away the WHITE onesie she was wearing, but she had to have thought it was worth it.
*In case you were wondering, Al did not unwrap it for Viv, she was just as surprised as I was!

2 comments:

Meleah said...

OBVIOUSLY she has a little of Aunt Meleah in her, being able to unwrap chocolate that fast.

natther said...

What a doll! Such intensity in devouring that chocolate.