Monday, December 21, 2009



This is Eric's Christmas gift. I did this before he and I decided we would be foregoing gifts to/from each other this year. So, the kids and I gave it to him the other night. You can't really tell very well in the picture, but there's a braid of hair on the top and bottom. Horse hair is shockingly hard to work with. The vet gave us some of Cody's mane and tail and I knew we'd want to do something with it. The rest will go to the barn and hang in tribute.
I found it very hard to put this project together, for obvious reasons. I'm a little surprised how emotional I still get after over 3 months. Eric really enjoyed the collage and it will hang proudly in the Schreiber home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That. Is. Awesome, Monica. Great pictures, beautiful display, perfect tribute.

natther said...

Monica, that is the most beautiful tribute to Cody. I'm sure Eric was very touched.