Friday, December 18, 2009

ARGH!!!! I'm tired of sweeping up glass! Two nights ago, while I was trying to get dinner ready, Max, who is in constant motion, tossed an orange up and hit the light fixture. It popped and basically, it rained glass. He helped me get the dogs and baby to safe places, but I spent the next hour or so tracking down itty bitty pieces of glass.
The very next night, I was cooking a pork loin and went to add a little more water to the dish. BOOM! This time it wasn't a pop, it was an explosion. I screamed and ALL the kids came running. I had a piece of meat searing on the oven rack, spaghetti squash next to it garnished with glass and chunks of sharp pieces all over the inside and outside of the oven. WTF?!?! Eric walks in the door only minutes/seconds? later, as I'm still standing in front of the oven, thinking, "I don't even know where to start." We were able to salvage the meat and squash. At least no one began bleeding from the mouth as we sat at the dinner table. I opted out of this clean-up fiasco and offered to muck stalls and feed the horses. I definitely got the better bargain.


This was the biggest piece.
Most were of this size or smaller.
I knew Eric would be better at this sort of thing, because he is so anal (ahem), thorough. He took apart the oven and cleaned it out very well. However, how well can you REALLY clean up minuscule pieces of glass? I will be sweeping up glass for months.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok I am not coming to dinner at your house!!

Missy and Joe said...

I totally exploded my pyrex in the oven 2 weeks ago! You are not alone. I did the same exact thing and I still have shards of glass in the oven!