Thursday, November 4, 2010


Oy.
I submitted my paperwork to get my LPN license transferred to Ohio. I checked the website yesterday, and I am listed as licensed. I (think) it's official. I should be getting notification in the mail within the next several weeks.
I'm excited!
I'm nervous as hell!
This is huge for me and this family. The plan is to work part-time at first, until I decided if I've made a huge mistake....or.....this rocks finally having money after 12 years of not. It's not only about the money. It's also about NOT feeling worthless. Don't get me wrong, raising a family- and some pretty awesome kids at that, it VERY worthwhile. However, as I have stated before, this is not where I thought I'd be at this point in my life. Viv needs to be around kids her own age and I need to be around other grown-ups.
So, the next step is to begin looking for a job. Easier said than done. I have a couple good leads, so we'll see. If and when I am fortunate enough to find a good fit, we'll look in to who will be competent enough to look after my baby. That may be the hardest part of all............ :)
Just a little icing on the cake - My kids will see me do something that scares the living shit out of me, but I forge ahead, anyway. Sure, it's taken me years to get to this point, but I'm doing it. I want them to see me set a good example, instead of sitting back, complaining about how I never got to do ________, I didn't have the opportunity to try__________, or I was too scared to________. No. I want them to see that it's ok to be scared (terrified is more like it). It's ok to change your mind and go after something you really want. I want to better myself, in this way........ for now. I may go back to school or find a completely different career path. Who knows? I do know, however, that it won't be quite so scary next time.

2 comments:

EE said...

I,for one, am very proud of you!. I am the child of a mother who worked my whole childhood life, and I am proud to say that none of issues I have have anything to do with the fact she worked. Do it to it !

natther said...

Woo Hoo!!! Good for you, Monica. Very proud of you - just getting this all done is quite an accomplishment! I know you will always do what's best for your family, and frankly, maybe you creating your life is it! Love, love, love you.