Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Here are some of the horses. Mark's nephew put up two paddocks and a round pen (for evil pony). He did a lot of work to prepare for us to come. There are awesome trails around his house and we took advantage of them. I went on two different rides. One on Uno (Wright's horse) and one of my own George Monkey. Uno ran me into a tree which left a bruise (in his defense, the flies were horrible and he was pretty irritated). George trailed like a champion!! He was smooth and listened very, very well. We hadn't ridden him since we got him back from the trainer, so it was a crapshoot as far as how he'd do. I was so proud!! I was also proud of Ally for cowgirling up. As we were saddling up all the horses, one got too close to her pony, Vanilla(aka Evil Pony). She called out-we call it her war cry- and kicked at the other horse, while Al was on her. It scared Ally...understandably. She didn't want to go on the ride after that. Abby convinced her that Vanilla would be better behaved on the trail, so she finally agreed after tears shed. Vanilla DID do much better on the ride and Al had a great time. I truly understand her fear. I was afraid on George, with him being a still green horse, who likes to spook easily. I'm very proud of my little cowgirl!
Our set-up. Kinda looks like David and Goliath if David was actually a rusted, redneck, duct taped horse trailer. I have to say that it's nice camping with the Wrights since without them, half of us wouldn't have a place to sleep!! Eric, Viv and I were in ours, while Al bunked with Abby and Megan and the boys also reaped the benefits of lush living.
* On the way to Linton, Dawn drove the suburban with the 3rd trailer behind us. I decided I would have to learn how to do it, too, so I drove on the way home. The first 100 miles or so made me nervous, but after awhile, it got easier. If you are in Ohio and come upon a blue turd, make way, because it might just be me trying to maneuver our own trailer!!


If you look closely, you can see the toad Ally put in the truck. Poor traumatized toad.


Also traumatized? THIS toad. Viv was out of control with them. She kept picking them up and chasing them. The only reason she was able to catch them was the fact that they were so worn out from spending all that time in the truck............


2 comments:

natther said...

It was great to see all your pictures! Your camping expedition really looks like fun - especially the trail rides. Vivi looks so grown up! I can't wait to see her (and all the Schreibers!) in August.

kim said...

OMG!!!! LOL!! That toad in the truck is just too awesome..... I can't stop giggling.
And viv? Please..... help me. Can I have her please??? ;) A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

Fun camping trip. You are much braver w 4 than I am w 2 ;)