Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Here's a recipe for Energy Balls.................(insert juvenile joke here)
I made these for the boys during football last year. Jay kept coming out for a drink break and trying to gobble these up. If Jay eats them, they must be good. He's my pickiest eater!


1 small banana
1/2 c. chunky peanut butter (I used creamy, only cuz that's all I had)
1/2 c. toasted wheat germ
finely chopped peanuts, mini chocolate chips, coconut~ anything you want to use as a coating.

In a bowl, mash the banana and peanut butter. Stir in wheat germ. Roll approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture in to a ball, then roll in desired coating, then chill. Really. Chill. You just made a healthy snack for your kids(s). Go read a book or watch tv.

* You can also add flax seed, which is super good for you. Granola would be a great coating...just some more ideas.....

3 comments:

natther said...

I was just thinking, if Nick invites us for salmon, you could bring the treats. Those sound good.

Anonymous said...

Yum. I will have to try those! I'm always looking for healthy treats, and those sound like even I could make them!

Anonymous said...

I made them tonight--rolled in Heath toffee bits. Leave it to me to turn something healthy into something, well, not so healthy.
As I was making them I'd eat one, make one, eat one, make one. Yum!
Hattie ate all the Heath bits off the outside--I ate the yummy inside!